Friday, August 8, 2008

Grandma Sami



"Grandma Sami"




I wanted to share some pictures of my finished art doll that I made at the Jack Johnston doll making course held in Calgary in June.



This wonderful lady is a recreation of an old Sami woman, from Norway. I sculpted the face and body while at the course in June, I then did some research on these interesting people and hand sewed the costume as close to the pictures as I could. She is shown here sewing beads on a leather mitten for one of her grandchildren.

She has been sculpted from Pro sculpt, her dress is royal blue velvet, with red cotton accents, and finished with lots of embroidery.

I hope she embodies the spirit of these remarkable people, and that you enjoy the pictures of her.










If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e mail me at: lilbitsclaycreations@telus.net
I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

BabesbyBarb said...

Love Grandma Saint
barb

BumbleVee said...

hi Chris...

love how your Sami lady turned out... the costume is exactly what I remember from the Olympic pictures .... the first time I saw them with their reindeer ...

I didn't realize how much sculpting you had already done....you are a busy gal.....