Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Welcome


Thanks for visiting my site, this is my first attempt at a blog spot, so please excuse any mistakes or problems with navigation here.
This site is devoted to my passion....polymer clay , and all the wonderful things you can create with it. I started working with polymer clay in 2001 and have been obsessed ever since! Once you sculpt your first creation, you will be hooked.
It all started with a trip to the huge craft store that had just opened in the city, I thought it might be fun to try something new. I wandered through every isle, and came upon the clay, I had always loved playing with Plasticine when I was a kid, and thought it would be fun to try something you could harden in your own oven at home. I bought a few colors and a book, went home and made a little raccoon and moose. Since then I have acquired many books , complete room dedicated to my clay (and this computer of course) and pounds upon pounds of clay and accessories.
I come from a family of artists, my mother has many interests including painting, knitting, candle making, and the list goes on and on. I have three brothers , one works with wood making chests and other items, as well as carving wonderful wood spirits. The oldest of them works with metal, making furniture and awesome sculptures that have won many awards. I also have three sisters, who are also all artistic, one is an oil painter, one can draw amazing pictures and the other works with wood and ceramic.So as you can see, there is just no getting away from being creative in this family.
I hope you enjoy this website and feel free to send me an e mail anytime .